Friday 25 October 2013

The Beautiful Autumn Sky - Fall In Love!



I love autumns. In fact I wait for this time of the year when the autumn gust of strong wind blows, wiping away the yellow-orange crispy brown leaves with it. A farewell to greenery
Thankfully the place I live in is still surrounded by some tress. So as I look out of my window, I admire the crisp copper leaves falling off the trees, swaying gently in the autumn wind. The clouds overlap each other making the sky a gloomy gray. After a long time I’m having a hot cocoa chocolate drink that I've been clutching in my hands to keep it warm. The chill of the wind reddens my face like a seasoned apple. I close my eyes and deep breathe the beautiful season. But as I deep breathe; my thoughts are shadowed by 'his' face. Go bathe in the autumn sun.


Have you ever taken a perfect autumn walk? I haven taken it today and as I was taking the walk my thoughts drifted a bit thinking of the years that have passed, the years I have left by. Strangely I feel happy again. Something that I haven’t felt in a long time.
In the bygone childhood days it was this autumn season when mom would first make those delicious gajar ka halwa for the entire family. And even today I can close my eyes and smell the sweet scent of the halwa being cooked in our old rented house.
Autumn will always hold a special place in my heart because it was this time of the year when I first felt the signals of the heart. I fell in love.
Autumn  evenings are even more spectacular. The chill winds races through the avenues and your freshly manicured lawns are once more dumped by those yellow-orangy-browny leaves. Crunch, crackle, stamp on them like you did as a kid and let out a smile at this thought.
Oh what a joy autumn is… is it not?


Golden and red trees
Nod to the soft breeze,
As it whispers, "Winter is near;"
And the brown nuts fall
At the wind's loud call,
For this is the Fall of the year.




No comments:

Post a Comment